Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Weekly Update 1

Progress over the past week

I have finished my project proposal and have begun to search for the data layers I am going to use.  I do not yet have a draft map to present.

Plans for the upcoming week

This week, I plan on finishing gathering the correct layers and deciding on the extent of my study area.  I need to find the Open-space, Wetlands, Woodlands, Roads, Railways, and Parking lots layers that I have available to me and for those that I can't get myself, I need to ask the Professor or my client.  I hope to have a draft map by the end of the week in order to stay on pace with the work plan I mapped out in my proposal.

Questions

In looking through all of the available data, I have found myself wondering if I need more than I originally thought.  Should I include more detail, like waterways for example?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are ready to make some good progress. I suggest stopping by to see the GIS student workers during their office hours. They'll be able to help you obtain the data layers you want.
    -Prof. M

    ReplyDelete