Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Weekly Update 2

Progress over the past week

I have begun gathering my data layers and narrowing down land parcels consisting of open spaces. I have been able to narrow down my map to the Town of Colonie, but am waiting to better analyze the data layers until I (possibly) further narrow my study area to Latham, Loudonville, and Newtonville. I do not have a draft map yet.

Plans for the upcoming week

This week, I plan on finishing gathering the correct layers and deciding on the extent of my study area. I need to finish finding the Open-space, Wetlands, Woodlands, Roads, Railways, and Parking lots layers that I have available to me and for those that I can't get myself, I need to ask the the student workers. I hope to have a draft map ready before vacation.

Questions

Where can I find the Wild, Forested, Conservation Lands and Public Parks?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick, so far it looks like you're making progress! My topic is a lot similar to yours so if you need any help, maybe we can work together to figure out any issues we have, because I'm sure we both have similiar questions! Also if you google "NYS GIS Clearinghouse" you can find some data layers you may need. If any of the information is locked, Dr. Meierdiercks can get you the information. Let me know if you want to collaborate at all, and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete