Thursday, April 4, 2013

Weekly Update 3

Progress over the past week

I have begun gathering my data layers and narrowing down land parcels consisting of open spaces. I have been able to narrow down my map to the Town of Colonie, but am waiting to better analyze the data layers until I (possibly) further narrow my study area to Latham, Loudonville, and Newtonville. Here is what I have done so far on my draft map, showing the vacant land in Latham, Loudonville, and Newtonville.



Plans for the upcoming week

This week, I plan on finishing gathering the correct layers and deciding on the extent of my study area. I need to finish finding the Open-space, Wetlands, Woodlands, Roads, Railways, and Parking lots layers that I have available to me and for those that I can't get myself, I need to ask the the student workers.

Questions

none

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you have accomplished a lot so far! I would recommend adding a description for the draft map. I like the color scheme you used, however I can't tell if the yellow, dark gray or light gray represents the vacant land. Also, ArcGIS Online may be a helpful resource to use in order to find the other data layers you need.
    -Natalie

    ReplyDelete